Follow These Effective Home Remedies To Lower Your Uric Acid Levels Naturally. Photo Credit: iStock Images
- The normal uric acid levels in women are between 2.4 and 6.0 mg / dL
- The normal uric acid levels in men are between 3.4 and 7.0 mg / dL
- Here are some natural ways you can lower your body’s uric acid levels
New Delhi: After your body breaks down purines, the waste by-product is called uric acid. It must be flushed from the body, as its accumulation can be harmful to health. The condition that is characterized by an unhealthy increase in the level of uric acid in the body is known as hyperuricemia. This condition occurs when the kidney is unable to remove uric acid from the body. This can be a result of various reasons, such as: B. alcohol consumption, obesity or overweight or diabetes. There are medications available to control uric acid levels, but it can also be managed naturally.
Home remedies to lower uric acid levels
Here are some steps you can take at home to help control uric acid levels in your body:
- Eat high fiber foods: Eating foods rich in fiber can help improve the digestive system. This can go a long way in lowering uric acid levels in the body. You can include foods like nuts, oats, fruits, and vegetables in your diet to increase your fiber intake.
- Vitamin C: Ingesting vitamin C through food can be extremely effective against high uric acid levels. Include foods like oranges, guavas, kiwi, and Indian gooseberries in your diet. In addition, vitamin C can also help strengthen the body’s immune system.
- Eat less purines: Because uric acid is a waste by-product of purine breakdown, limiting your intake of foods rich in purine can help control uric acid levels in the body. Don’t eat foods like pork, mutton, mushrooms, fish, and turkey.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: If you want to detoxify your body in a healthy way, you can drink a glass of water with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar every day. This can help lower the levels of uric acid in the body by promoting its breakdown.
- Consume less alcohol: One of the most common causes of increased uric acid levels in the body is alcohol consumption. Try to limit your alcohol consumption as this can affect the levels of uric acid in the body and make you dehydrated.
Aside from the above tips, one of the most effective ways to reduce uric acid levels in the body is to keep the body hydrated. This is because water helps flush the toxins out of the kidney. So make sure you drink enough water.
Disclaimer: The tips and suggestions in the article are for general informational purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always ask your doctor or nutritionist before starting any fitness program or making changes to your diet.
Get the latest Health news, healthy eating, weight loss, yoga and fitness tips, more updates to Times Now