Dandruff is a common scalp disease that affects a large proportion of the population. Various factors increase the risk of developing dandruff, including a person’s age, weather, stress level, medical conditions, and hair product choices, as well as some allergic reactions, psoriasis, and dermatitis.
Bad hygiene is also a factor, but the flakes can be more noticeable if a person doesn’t wash or brush their hair often.
Share more, Ayurvedic practitioners Shyam VL described some Ayurvedic tips and home remedies to follow.
“Our skin cells renew themselves forever. When the skin cells on our scalp are renewed, the old ones are pushed to the surface. In a person with dandruff, renewal is faster and more dead skin is shed. Dandruff can be linked to dry skin conditions that worsen in winter, ”he shared on Instagram.
“Some of the other reasons for dandruff are the lack of regular hair washing, which leads to the build-up of oils and skin cells. Skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema; Shampooing too often or using too many styling products that irritate your scalp, too much oil on your scalp, hormone changes, stress, a weakened immune system – all of these can contribute to the development of dandruff, ”he added
* Keep your hair and scalp clean to minimize the buildup of dead skin cells. Wash shampoo twice or three times a week. Alternate between 2 different shampoos
* Massage in on the other days and rinse off with clean water
* Eating a healthy diet plays an important role in treating dandruff
* Severe dandruff may require internal medication.
Here are some simple workarounds.
* Heat coconut oil with a handful neem goes and curry leaves. Apply to scalp every other day after cooling. Wash mild shampoo after 30 minutes.
* Soak fenugreek seeds overnight, grind and apply to scalp the next day.
* Amla powder or Triphala Chooran can also be applied to the scalp before showering.
* Mix coconut milk with lemon juice and apply to scalp before a head bath.
* Mix warm Coconut oil with amla powder and massage the scalp gently.
* Mix one tablespoon of green gram powder with three tablespoons of yogurt. This mixture can be used as a hair wash.