5 home remedies for coughs in winter | Photo credit: Pixabay | Photo credit: iStock Images
- Coughs and colds are very common in the winter season
- Given the pandemic situation, it is important that we pay close attention and take good care of our health
- And here’s how you can relieve your cough at home without medication
New Delhi: Coughs and colds are incredibly common in winter. There can be several reasons for this. Sometimes it’s just a normal cough around your throat to clear irritants. However, in some cases, this may be due to other factors as well. These other factors are not necessarily related to the lungs. But one should watch out for her cough and watch out accordingly. You should avoid getting into the environment when you cough. You should also avoid consuming cold drinks and dishes. Wear as many layers of clothing around your neck and chest as possible to keep them warm and covered. These are some precautions that you should take to keep your cough from becoming severe.
The change in weather, the presence of bacteria and germs in the air, and the virus around you are also reasons that can lead to a cough. The air quality is very poor these days and can damage your throat and lungs. To avoid permanent or serious damage, care should be taken both outdoors and indoors. Below are some home remedies you can try to get cough relief.
Home remedies for coughs:
- Honey- Honey is very good for your throat. It soothes your throat and gives you instant relief. It is considered the best remedy for a sore throat. It works as a cough suppressant. You can consume honey with either warm tea or warm water. The honey also helps with congestion. You can also take a spoonful of honey and eat it directly for best results.
- Gargle salt water It’s a simple remedy that will relieve your itchy throat and dry cough. Mix a little salt, about ½ tbsp in warm water, then gargle for at least 5 minutes. It is one of the best home remedies for treating cough and congestion.
- Ginger- Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties. You can consume ginger with tea or water for the best results. It treats your throat congestion and the cough caused by the phlegm. Ginger relaxes your throat and instantly reduces coughing.
- Peppermint- Peppermint and its leaves are known for their healing properties. It breaks down the mucus and relieves congestion. You can add some peppermint to boiling hot water to absorb steam. Peppermint can also be consumed with tea and warm water. Inhaling peppermint soothes the cough.
- Turmeric milk Turmeric milk is very beneficial when you have a sore throat and cough. Studies suggest that you should drink warm turmeric milk at least twice a day to clear your throat and remove congestion. Turmeric is known for its healing properties and acts as the best cough remedy.
Disclaimer: The tips and suggestions in the article are for general informational purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always ask your doctor or nutritionist before starting any fitness program or making changes to your diet.
Get the latest Health news, healthy eating, weight loss, yoga and fitness tips, more updates to Times Now