Pudina or mint is one of the oldest culinary herbs known to man. In addition to its remarkable medicinal properties, Indians have used it in chutneys, raitas, and sorbets. Pudina is a rich source of polyphenols and has a distinctive taste and aromatic smell.
“Pudina leaves are low in calories and contain very little protein and fat. It has a tremendous amount of Vitamins A, C, and B complex that improve and benefit the skin immunity. Another nutritional benefit of pudina is that it is high in iron, potassium and manganese, which increases hemoglobin and improves brain function, ”said Dr. Saurabh Arora, inventor of Pudhinaa and Snec30, director at Arbro Pharmaceuticals.
He adds that pudina helps indigestion. It has carminative and antispasmodic properties. Chewing pudina helps relieve bloating and gas. The essential oils in Pudina can be helpful for toothache.
Below he shares the various health benefits of pudina / mint leaves
Here are the 10 pudina health benefits you need to know:
* Aids Digestion – Pudina is high in antioxidants, menthol, and phytonutrients that help the enzymes digest food. The essential oils in Pudina have powerful antibacterial and antiseptic effects that help relieve stomach cramps and help relieve acidity and gas.
* Treats Asthma – Regular use of Pudina can relieve chest congestion. The methanol in the pudina has a decongestant effect, loosing the mucus that has accumulated in the lungs and shrinking the swollen membranes in your nose so you can breathe more easily. When using Pudina, be careful not to overdose on it. Otherwise, your air passage will be irritated.
* Heals Headaches – Pudina contains menthol, which can help relax muscles and relieve pain. Applying pudina juice to your forehead and temples can help relieve headaches. Pudina-based balms or mint oil are also effective in curing headaches.
* Relieves Stress and Depression – Mint is the most common herb used in aromatherapy. It has a strong, refreshing smell that can relieve stress and refresh the mind and body. The apoptogenic activity of mint helps regulate levels of cortisol in the blood, which triggers the body’s natural response to relieve stress. Inhaling pudina essential oil can instantly release serotonin in the blood, a neurotransmitter known to relieve symptoms of stress and depression.
* Makes your skin healthy – Pudina has Anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help in treating acne and pimples on the skin. Pudina leaves contain a high amount of salicylic acid, which acts as an anti-acne disease. It also acts as an effective skin cleanser. Pudina has antioxidant properties that help you maintain clean and youthful skin by removing free radicals from the body. Pudina also retains moisture in the skin, removing dead skin cells and dirt from the skin pores and leaving the skin looking radiant and firm.
* Oral Care – Chewing pudina leaves is a great way to improve oral hygiene and dental health. The essential oils in pudina can help you get fresh breath. Using the mouthwash that contains peppermint oil can also help you kill bacteria in your mouth and provide you with healthy gums and teeth.
* Improves memory – “According to research, Pudina can improve memory and restore the cognitive function of the brain. Regular consumption of pudina can increase brain performance by improving alertness, memory retention, and other cognitive functions, ”he said.
* Promotes Weight Loss – Pudina’s essential oils stimulate digestive enzymes to increase bile flow and aid digestion. It also helps with improved nutrient absorption from food. When the body is able to properly absorb and absorb nutrients, your metabolism increases. This promotes increase in metabolism Weight loss.
* Treats Colds – If you are struggling with colds and have difficulty breathing, pudina is the best remedy for it. Most steam massages and inhalers contain mint. Mint naturally clears its throat, bronchi and pulmonary congestion. In addition to the respiratory tract, mint also relieves irritation from chronic coughs.
* Relieves Symptoms of Nausea – Pudina is an effective treatment for nausea, which is common with morning sickness. Eating or smelling a few pudina leaves every morning can help pregnant women prevent or better manage the feeling of nausea.