Tired of dried, frizzy hair and looking for ways to regain its shine?
Well, winter and flaky, dry scalp are intertwined. Don’t let the scalp problems bother you as there are a multitude of natural remedies that can save you. Try these hugely beneficial homemade healing treatments and see the difference in weeks.
1. Egg hair mask: Prepare a hair mask with two egg whites (depending on the volume of the hair you can also use 1 egg), 2 tablespoons of quark, 1 tablespoon of honey and lime. Apply the mask to your scalp and let it sit for 20 minutes. Rinse your hair with a mild sulfate-free shampoo. The protein, vitamin C and the moisturizing properties of honey have a very positive effect on your dry, frizzy hair. Use this pack regularly twice a week and see for yourself the difference. With this DIY mask you get a healthy hair structure.
2. Banana Hair Mask: Make a mask from mashed banana, olive oil and apply it to your scalp thoroughly. After letting it sit for about an hour, rinse your hair out with lukewarm water. The potassium in banana is perfect for treating dryness, split ends. It gives softness and increases the elasticity of the hair.
3. Hot oil massage: This has been a highly recommended and proven remedy for centuries. Heat some oil, let it rest for a while, and massage gently over your entire scalp in circular motions. Then wrap a warm towel around your head. This makes the hair extremely soft, helps the scalp to replenish the lost moisture, the oil penetrates into the hair fibers and nourishes. This massage is as deep a conditioning technique as any salon.
4. Gelatin mask: Prepare a mask with 1 tablespoon of gelatin, apple cider vinegar, a few drops of essential oils such as rose, jasmine, rosemary, clary sage and 1 cup of warm water. Leave the mask on your hair for 15 minutes, then rinse off with lukewarm water. The mask is excellent as it gives you thorough nourishment and ends up with straight, silky hair with no room for flaky, dry scalp.
5. Castor Oil or Avocado Paste: Castor oil has omega-9 properties that allow the seat to act as a heat protectant. Massage castor oil onto your scalp along with almond oil and add some dried hibiscus flowers. The ingredients strengthen your hair due to the presence of flavonoids, vitamin E and amino acids. You can also alternate the pack with avocado paste and egg. The saturated fats, vitamins A, E, and minerals it contains are a great way to get thick, shiny manes.