Home Home Health Care Residence well being care supplier charged with Medicaid fraud

Residence well being care supplier charged with Medicaid fraud

185
0

LANSING, Michigan (WJRT) – Michigan attorney general Dana Nessel announced Tuesday that she had charged Khadisha L. Saunders-Davenport, 43, on a number of Medicaid fraud cases.

The indictment has a maximum sentence of four years in prison and / or a fine of $ 50,000.

Saunders-Davenport owns Synergy Home Services, a company registered in the state of Michigan as a home help provider. While hiring caregivers, Saunders-Davenport also personally looked after certain Medicaid beneficiaries.

Investigators say Saunders-Davenport made false claims to Medicaid for home health services that it never provided. Some of the claims were allegedly filed while patients were being hospitalized or receiving no home health care at all.

Saunders-Davenport allegedly filed false claims with the state in 2018 and 2019, resulting in improper Medicaid payments of approximately $ 17,000.

“Home help services are a valuable part of the care many Medicaid beneficiaries require,” said Nessel. “Those who believe that no one is looking at this program for fraud and trying to play the system will be held accountable.”

Saunders-Davenport has been tried before Judge Andrea Larkin at East Lansing District Court. She was given a $ 20,000 personal guarantee of recognition until she appeared in court on May 14.

The Michigan Attorney General’s Department of Anti-Fraud in Health Care receives 75% of its funding from the United States Department of Health under a total grant of $ 5,025,536 for the 2021 federal fiscal year. The remaining 25% for a total of $ 1,675,177 are funded by the state of Michigan.

Copyright 2021 WJRT. All rights reserved.