Summers are on our doorstep and there is no better time than now to enjoy nutritious summer fruits. Papaya or papita, a native of Mexico, which is now grown in several countries, including Malaysia, the Philippines and India. The fruit is also referred to by Christopher Columbus as the “fruit of the angels”. Did you know that the yellowish-orange fruit is rich in medicinal value and nutritious properties? Also read – World Hearing Day 2021: Understanding the meaning, topic and goal of that day
Papaya is full of vitamins and minerals and an excellent source of fiber. This orange fruit is delicious and can be eaten as it is or as a juice, milkshake, or smoothie. Raw papaya is used as a vegetable in India. Not only is it aromatic, but it also has many health benefits. Also read – Here’s why yoga is beneficial for both mother and baby during pregnancy
Here is a list of papaya health benefits: Also read – 5 Essential Tips For Students Dealing With Stress During The 2021 Board Exams
1. Rich in antioxidants: Papaya has carotenoid – an antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals. Free radicals are molecules that are produced during metabolism, but too many of them can lead to disease. Papaya is one of the best sources of carotenoids.
2. Anti-cancer properties: According to research, papaya contains lycopene, which can lower the risk of cancer. Papaya is believed to help fight cancer because it can neutralize free radicals. The fruit is also beneficial for those undergoing cancer treatment.
3. Fights infections: Papaya fights many fungal infections and kills intestinal worms, which causes many infections and complications.
4th Keeps your skin healthy and youthful: Papaya makes your skin youthful and healthy. The antioxidants found in the fruits are responsible for neutralizing the excessive free radicals that cause skin damage, sagging, and wrinkles. High in lycopene and vitamin C, papaya also helps reduce the signs of aging.
5. Cure constipation: Papaya helps with indigestion and improves bowel movements, which helps with bowel movements easily. The fruit contains vitamin C, folic acid and vitamin E, which have a tonic effect in the stomach and reduce motion sickness.
6. Regulate menstruation: Drinking papaya juice can help normalize irregular periods. You can also drink raw papaya juice for an irregular menstrual cycle. Papaya produces heat in the body and stimulates the hormone estrogen, which induces periods.
7. Fights Acne: Papaya is very effective in treating many skin conditions. It can be used to treat acne. All you have to do is apply the fleshy part of the papaya skin to the affected area on your body. Eating the fruits also makes the skin clear. You can also get latex from papaya and apply it to the burned area to reduce the stains.